Source: Vrindavan Today of 2012-12-2
- http://ignca.nic.in/nl001702.htm – article on Mathura
- Excavations at Sonkh 2500 years of a town in Mathura District
Herbert Härtel – FOC.L /696271
- Occupation thought to have been from 8th century BCE to 19th century CE. Stratification largely based on coin evidence.
- Second temple thought to be sanctuary for Naga cult.
Source: Smithsonian Institute
- Children play ball on the bank of the river Yamuna. Ball thrown by Kirshna falls into river. There dwells Kaliya a poisonous cobra. Krishna wants to jump in the river and get the ball. But everyone says no to him. Krishna not listening to anyone, he jumps into the river.
- Krishna enters the kingdom of Kaliya cobra and is warned by the attendants and queens of Kaliya about his dangerous poison and nature.
- Not listening to anyone, Krishna reaches Kaliya and challenges him and insists to go away and live elsewhere or else he may be killed.
- Fight ensues between Krishna and Kaliya that Krishna utlimately wins. He does not kill Kaliya, but asks to get him out and leave the pious river Yamuna.